The Highland Council in exercise of the powers conferred on them by Section 14 (2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and related legislation, as amended, hereby make this Notice.
Citation, commencement and cessation
- This Notice may be cited as ‘The Highland Council (U1112 Achnabat – Dalcrombie – Tullich – East Croachy Road (Part), Inverness-shire) (Temporary Closure) Notice 2020’ and shall be in operation from 8:00 hours on Monday 27 July 2020 until 18:00 hours on Friday 31 July 2020 inclusive.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Notice as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
Relationship to existing Orders
- All provisions contained in any Order Enactment or others in so far as the same repeat or are inconsistent with the provisions of this Notice and the true intent or meaning hereof shall cease to have effect, during the period stated hereto.
- The reason for making this Notice is to enable a temporary traffic prohibition to be put in place to enable public utility maintenance works to safely proceed.
- Consideration has been given to the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for the traffic which will be affected by this Notice.
Temporary prohibition on use of a road
- No person shall drive, or cause or permit any vehicle to be driven on the length of road specified in the Schedule to this Notice when a prohibition is identified as applying by means of one or more of the traffic signs of a type generally provided for under Section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
- No prohibition imposed by this Notice applies to:
- Vehicles employed to carry out the works, including those vehicles employed to carry out associated traffic management.
- Emergency services’ vehicles.
94 Diriebught Road,
This is the Schedule referred to in the foregoing The Highland Council (U1112 Achnabat – Dalcrombie – Tullich – East Croachy Road (Part), Inverness-shire) (Temporary Closure) Notice 2020
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
That length of the U1112 Achnabat – Dalcrombie – Tullich – Elrig – East Croachy Road, Inverness-shire, commencing at the access leading to the property called ‘The Bu’ and extending in an easterly direction for a distance of 25 metres, or thereby.